TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE OBC SAVINGS CLUB CARD
ISSUE OF THE CARD
The OBC Saving Club card ("the card") is issued by V Serve, Registration No. 2015/041421/07 ("service provider") in terms of an agreement with OBC Group (Pty) Ltd, Registration No. 2000/022255/07 (“OBC”) to the authorised cardholder ("you") being an OBC card client.
This document constitutes the agreement stating the terms and conditions under which the card is issued. By accepting and using the card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
The card is owned by OBC and will remain the property of OBC at all times and must be returned to OBC on request.
USE OF THE CARD
The card is not a credit card. The card provides access to a reuseable gift card account allowing you to deposit funds for the exclusive purchase of goods sold by participating OBC stores in South Africa.
No goods at OBC Stores will be sold on Credit and therefore the provisions of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 shall not be applicable to this card.
Funds cannot be withdrawn from the card and the card is not linked to any other OBC account. Deposits to the account can only be made in the participating OBC stores in South Africa.
You will be requested to choose a personal identification number (PIN) to prevent unauthorised use of the card. You are the only person who may use the card. You may not allow any other person to use the card or to have access to your PIN.
- You are the only person who can use your Card. You cannot transfer it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
- You may apply for secondary card(s) to be issued to a nominated person(s) and to link secondary card(s) to your Account. These terms will also apply to the use of the secondary card(s). You will be responsible for all transactions effected through the use of the secondary card(s) and all amounts will be debited to your Account.
- Not to disclose the PIN to anyone or to record it on the card or otherwise make it available to anyone else, to promptly notify OBC of any loss or theft of the card or the PIN by phoning 0861 000 700
- Delay in notifying OBC of the loss or theft will be deemed as negligence on your part. This service is available during OBC store hours
- That if your card is lost or stolen and your card is used, you will be responsible for all amounts debited to your account through the use of the card
- Not to make purchases and otherwise use the card for transactions that will exceed your available balance
- That the use of the card is at your own risk and OBC or V Serve is not responsible for any loss or theft resulting from the use of the card
- Not to use the card for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to, the purchase of goods or services prohibited by law
The card enables you to purchase goods by electronic means only. You must at all times comply with all the relevant legislation including but not limited to legislation to combat money laundering. In this regard you acknowledge that OBC and V Serve have certain rights and obligations arising from such legislation.
One OBC Club Card will be issued to approved members for free.
Additional, lost and stolen cards will be issued at a fee of R25.00 including VAT, per card.
No credit interest will be paid on the credit balance of the card.
When you believe there are errors regarding transactions, you must notify OBC immediately by calling 0861 000 700. OBC will require you to confirm this error in writing and such document can be submitted by fax to 0865539010 within ten days of your verbal notification.
Should OBC not receive your written notification within ten days your claim will be rejected.
TERMINATION OF CARD FACILITY
You may terminate your right to use the card by returning your card to a participating OBC store.
No cash pay-outs will be done for a credit balance. A non-expiry OBC voucher will be issued for a credit balance that exists on the card at the time of termination. This voucher is redeemable for goods at participating OBC stores.
OBC or V Serve may at any time in their sole and absolute discretion close or terminate your card. If OBC or V Serve closes your card it must be returned to OBC immediately.
OBC and/or V Serve shall not be liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our provision of incorrect information to any person or as a result of any terminal failure or system malfunction beyond OBC and/or V Serve’s reasonable control.
OBC and/or the Bank shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising from all other clauses.
HOW WE MAY PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You agree and consent thereto that we may transmit to (a) registered credit bureau(x) information concerning –
- Your Application, this Agreement and the termination thereof as well as information about your Account;
- Any non-compliance by you with the terms of this Agreement.
You acknowledge that such a credit bureau will provide a credit profile and possibly a credit score on your credit worthiness. You have the right to contact such credit bureau(x), to have the credit record(s) disclosed to you and to correct any inaccurate information.
You agree that we may –
- Make enquiries to confirm and verify any information provided by you in the application form;
- Seek information from any credit bureau when assessing your application and at any time during the existence of your Account.
You acknowledge and expressly consent that we may –
- Process your Personal Information to conclude this Agreement and for purposes of maintaining your Account and complying with your instructions; and
- Process your Personal Information for purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud and criminal activities, the identification of the proceeds of unlawful activities and the combating of money laundering activities.
You have the right to access your Personal Information held by us. We will grant you such access during office hours within a reasonable time after receiving such a written request for access.
We may share positive and negative information about you or your Account, including any non-compliance with the Terms of this Agreement, with other companies.
We will only keep your Personal information for as long as we need to or have to by law.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreement to a third party without your consent and without notice to you. In such an event the third party will then process your Personal Information.
You may update your Personal Information at any time by calling customer services.
OBC and/or V Serve shall not be liable to you if any participating OBC store does not accept the card or OBC and/or V Serve refuse to authorise any transaction on the card.
You must resolve any dispute you have with any OBC store directly. If there is a difference between your records and the records of OBC and/or V Serve, the records of OBC and/or V Serve will be binding.
OBC and/or V Serve may amend this agreement at any time. Publication of such amendments by such means as they may select will constitute valid notice of the amendment to you. Any such amendments will not constitute a novation of this agreement. You may not amend or vary these terms and conditions at all.
The agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
You herewith instruct and authorise OBC and V Serve to issue you with an OBC Club Card and you herewith indemnify OBC and/or V Serve against any claims, damages and losses arising from this authority and instruction.