1.5kg baby back ribs (side ribs will work as well)
4 tbsp. fresh oregano chopped (or 2 tbsp dried)…
½ cup onion finely chopped
5 garlic cloves finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
3 tsp liquid honey
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Remove skin membrane from ribs (this can make your ribs chewy and tough if left on). Using a sharp knife slice under the skin and pull skin off meat. Cut meat into single ribs.
- Combine all other ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Place ribs and marinade in large ziplock bag, shake and refrigerate 4-8 hours turning occasionally to ensure all sides of ribs get seasoned.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line old cookie sheet with foil, spray with oil, place ribs with space between each.
- Bake at 200 degress Celsius for 5-10 minutes until ribs have a nice sear.
- Reduce heat to 150 degrees Celsius and roast for 1 hour.