Important message to our valued Customers
You are aware of the Listeriosis outbreak and you are concerned? Well, we have good news for you. By shopping at your local OBC Store you are saving money AND protecting your family’s health. Consider this:
- OBC Chicken and Meat stores comply with all relevant health regulations. Our customers’ health is our concern!
- According to statements by the health authorities, the current outbreak of Listeriosis affects Enterprise processed meats and Rainbow Chicken Viennas. Should you have purchased such products from us you are welcome to return them for a
- As a precautionary measure, we have returned all our affected stock to the manufacturer. This has caused unavoidable stock shortages at our store but we gladly did so because it was necessary to protect customers’ health.
- There are over 200 meat processing plants in South Africa. We are working with the most reputable among them to ensure that you continue to receive your favourite foods. These foods are safe to eat because before we buy supplier, we insist on receiving valid plant inspection certificates from them.
- Remember: Polony and Viennas are not the only source of protein. We offer safe alternatives, for example fish fingers and chicken. They are delicious and affordable.